Steamed grouper with a lime and chili dressing. A slimming, nutrient dense dish.
While the fish may seem like the highlight of this dish, the impressive benefits come from the cabbage. Cabbage is part of the cruciferous vegetable family which are famous for having lots of anticancer research behind them. This family of vegetables contains lots of biologically active compounds that have been linked to a variety of health benefits, most notably a reduction in cancer rates.
The grouper is filled with protein, low in calories and rich in important minerals like selenium, phosphorus and potassium. The protein leaves you satiated while acting as building blocks for lean muscle, keeping you bones strong and keeping you lean.
1 tbsp Green chili, chopped
2 cloves Garlic
1 root Coriander
2 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Soy sauce
75 g White cabbage, chopped
80 g Grouper fillets, skin on
Garnish Red chili, cut into fine strips
Garnish Celery, cut into fine strips
1. Place the chili, garlic, coriander root, lime juice and soy sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Place the cabbage in 4 separate piles on a baking tray and top each pile with a grouper fillet.
3. Steam for 5-7 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
4. Transfer the fish and vegetables to a serving plate, retaining any juices in the bottom of the tray.
5. Combine the chili and lime mixture with the fish juice from the baking tray and pour over the fish.
6. Garnish with red chili and celery.
Nutrients Per Serving
Kilocalories 88 Kcal
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrate 3 g
Fat, total 1 g