Our rich vegetable broth base is loaded with essential vitamins and nutrients while being low in calories keeping you full and aiding with digestion. In addition to the vegetable base the fresh ginger supplies powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects while aiding digestion.
The mullet in this dish provides high-quality protein, iodine, and various vitamins and mineral including vitamin D, a nutrient that many people are lacking. Mullet also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for optimal body and brain function and strongly linked to a reduced risk of many diseases.
12 White peppercorns
1 stalk Lemongrass, finely chopped
1 root Coriander
4 Shallots, finely chopped
750 ml Vegetable Stock
5 pieces Ginger, sliced
30 g Mullet
2 pieces Endives, halved lengthways
2 tbsp Miso paste
2 tbsp Tamarind cider
Garnish Ginger, finely julienned Garnish Shallots, sliced
Garnish Red Chili, finely julienned
1. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the peppercorns, lemongrass, coriander root and shallots into a fine paste.
2. Put the paste in a saucepan over medium heat and saute until fragrant. Add the vegetable stock and ginger, bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the mullet and endives and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
4. Season with the miso paste and tamarind cider.
5. To serve, pour the soup into a serving bowl and garnish with ginger, shallots and red chili.
Nutrients Per Serving
Kilocalories 128 Kcal
Protein 14 g
Carbohydrate 12 g
Fat, total 3 g